An excellent dinner meeting was organised by the Scottish division to welcome BAPIO President Dr Ramesh Mehta at Edinburgh on 7th May 2017. It was very well attended meeting and there were extensive discussions regarding activities of the division in Scotland. There was discussion also about increasing the membership in the region. Prof. Zamvar suggested that each EC member should recruit at least 5 members over next 2 months. This was agreed by all.
There was a discussion about review of the office bearers of the division. There was unanimous agreement to appoint the following team. The EC will be expanded in due course.
- Dr Meena Virdi to continue as Chair
- Dr Nitin Gambhir, Vice Chair
- Dr Vipin Zamvar, Vice chair
- Dr Pankaj Aggarwal, Secretary
- Dr Kiran Sachane, Joint secretary
- Dr Swapna Gambhir, Lead Women’s forum
- Dr Mangala Sarode, Dr Tanu Aggarwal, Co-Lead for women’s forum
- Dr Ashish Aggrawal, Treasurer
- EC Members: Dr Alok Tyagi, Dr Briju Prasad, DR Meg Das, Dr Ved Narang, Dr Natarajan Balaji
- Dr Joseph John, Dr Annie Joseph, Dr Nandita
There were other members of Scottish BAPIO who could not be present today would continue to support BAPIO as before.
It was agreed to hold the next Scottish annual meeting in March next year.
It was suggested to try and have regular meetings of the division (CME, Social) and explore joint meeting with other associations like SODEC in Glasgow.